Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The Perk Rookie - First day on the job

Hey there Perk on Main patrons. It's Jareth, the new barista at your favorite Emmaus coffee house. Not sure what she was thinking, but Jill had the crazy idea to grant me permission to be a contributing writer to the Perk blog. So, you will probably be hearing from me on a semi-regular basis.

Today was my first day on the job. Kind of surreal to be behind the counter at Perk after years of being on the other side. I remember meeting Jill the first time soon after she took over the place. I decided to give her my caramel mocha litmus test and she passed with flying colors. Soon I was "Caramel Mocha Guy" and eventually became the regular customer known as Jareth, the talkative comic writer guy who works at Rodale but might be on the the verge of a movie deal.

Well, I no longer work at Rodale, but I do have a movie deal...just no movie yet (that's a story for another post). So, while I'm waiting for my comic book series The Forgotten to hit the silver screen, I'll be working at Perk on Main with some of the nicest, coolest, most down-to-earth people I've met in the Lehigh Valley. It's a pleasure to be a part of the team. I look forward to meeting you, the Perk faithful and serving up some great coffee, making masterful espresso drinks and getting to know everyone better.

2 comments:

Jenae said...

Very cool to see you on the blog, Jareth! It was getting a bit stagnant (no offense Jill! I know you're a busy lady!!) ;) And it was nice to meet you today ... I'm the one who asked for more half-and-half. Thanks for hooking me up! Can't wait to hear more about your movie deal. And remind me to try one of those Caramel Mochas next time I'm in ... sounds delish!

Fr. Andrew said...

Many happy returns! I was honored to be your first cash register voiding. :)