Thursday, November 4, 2010

Perk Rookie - Week 3

Well, it's been 3 weeks and I'm still showing up to pour cups of coffee and toast bagels at Perk on Main. I have to say it's been an enlightening experience in terms of pure coffee/espresso knowledge. Having worked for that big giant coffeehouse chain based out of Washington state, I can say without hesitation that far more care and expertise go into making your cappuccinos, lattes and mochas at Perk on Main than you'll ever get going to that place with the mermaid logo. Making great espresso beverages is practically an art form at Perk. If there's any doubt about that, just take a look at the amazing "latte art" atop your beverage as Jill and Casey slide your drink across the bar to you. Then take a big sip and really, really savor what is hitting your tastebuds. Nice.

A big welcome to the other new guy at Perk on Main, Lucas, who kind of looks like Harry Connick Jr and apparently has a vast knowledge of Latin American economics.

I'll leave you with a gratuitous self-promoting plug. I write comic books. I wrote a really good one back in 2002/2003 called the forgotten. Some very cool people in Hollywood are working really hard to turn it into a movie. I'm working really hard to write a sequel to the original mini-series. I think you should buy a copy of the original and read it. Go here: www.forgottencomicbook.com to learn more about it and order yourself a copy. Or you could just ask me about it at Perk as I'm scalding my hands while pouring you a piping hot cup of Shikasso (sp?).

Jareth out.

No comments: